Summer is already here and as the hot weather drenches us with sweat, our taste buds yearns for a chilly ice loaded sweet shake. Hey wait! Did we mention sweet? Well! If you are a fitness enthusiast then you won’t prefer a drink that is loaded with sugar and is high in calories. But again we are human beings, we love food and people who are foodie as well as fitness enthusiasts will undoubtedly understand the pain of keeping themselves away from their favourite cuisine. For all those foodie fitness fanatics we have come up with a lip smacking recipe that will help you enjoy a healthy icy cool shake.
Are you ready to quench your thirst with this nutrient rich protein shake that will help you build strong muscles as well as satiate your taste buds? Let us get started:
To make this protein shake you will need the following ingredients:
- 100 ml of skimmed milk: If you are interested in weight management and do not want to add on weight, then you must prefer skimmed milk. However, if you wish to add on some extra kilos along with muscles, then you should definitely go with full cream milk. 100 ml of skimmed milk will help your body get 8 grams of protein, 9 percent of recommended daily allowed dosage of potassium and 29 percent of calcium. Milk will help you build muscles, keep your bones stronger, improve your immunity, provide stamina to your body and a lot more.
- Whey protein powder: You can choose any flavoured whey protein supplement of your choice. However, we prefer to use chocolate whey protein powder. Each serving of whey supplement can fill your body with 25 to 30 grams of protein, good amounts of BCAA, EAA, glutamic acid, vitamins, minerals and fibers. Whey supplements contain natural sweeteners and therefore, you do not have to add any artificial sweetening agent to your shake. Thus, you can enjoy your drink without gulping unhealthy calories.
- 4 almonds: Almonds are the best sources of a lot of nutrients that can help to keep your body healthy. Adding a few crushed almonds to your protein milk shake can fill your body with fiber, protein, healthy fat, vitamin E, manganese, magnesium and more.
- 4 cashews: Cashews when consumed in limited quantities can be super healthy for your body. Adding a few cashew nuts to your shake can not only enhance its taste, but can also fill your body with fiber, protein, healthy fat, good carbs, iron and calcium.
- Two Dates: Dates are the powerhouse of nutrients as well as it acts as a natural sweetening agent too. Adding two dates will give your body good amounts of protein, sodium, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and dietary fiber. All these are necessary to give your body an extra boost of energy to carry on with your hardcore exercise regime.
- Two teaspoons of chia seeds: Chia seeds are not only a high source of protein but also rich in fiber, that will help you gain muscles as well as clear your digestive system. Apart from this chia seeds are also rich in healthy fat, zinc, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium.
- Two to three ice cubes: Just to add a chilly effect to your shake so that you can beat the heat.
Method to make the lip smacking drink:
- Add the milk into a blender along with two scoops of whey protein powder. Give the mixture a nice blend for 45 seconds and check whether it has any lump or not. If you find any lump, then try blending it once again. Do not forget to add the ice cubes while blending the protein powder with milk.
- Add the chia seeds to the shake and give it a good mix.
- Chop the dry fruits properly and add then use for garnishing your protein shake.
Conclusion: You can also add freshly chopped fruits to your protein shake or seeds like basil, flaz, pumpkin, etc. as per your taste. However, do not over do anything otherwise it will unnecessarily add calories to your body. We hope you will try out this yummilicious protein shake soon and do not forget to share your reviews about it with us. Stay healthy, eat healthy and keep on building muscles.