No one wants to live with insects, bugs, and rodents. The overall weather in Texas is favorable for these organisms. While pests have a role in the ecosystem, you would want them out of your house. In this post, we will discuss more about the need for Leander pest control services, but before that, here are some common pests found here.
Types of pests
- Fire ants. These ants can sting and can be extremely aggressive when it comes to their mounds.
- Fleas and ticks. These insects feed on hosts, and if you have pets at home, you should be worried. Fleas and ticks are known to carry diseases too.
- Mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are known for their itchy bites, but these tiny flying insects can pose serious health risks.
- Rodents. Mice and rats can be found in most parts of Texas and are capable of causing massive damage to homes and properties besides causing diseases.
- Spiders. It is not uncommon to find black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders in Texas. Getting rid of these spiders requires expertise.
- Wood-destroying insects. The three most common insects that can destroy wood include termites, carpenter ants, and powder post beetles.
- Bed Bugs. Although not as harmful as many of the other pests listed here, bed bugs are annoying and can cause itchy marks.
Why hire professional pest control?
Getting rid of pests is a risky and time-consuming job. Unless you are trained, you shouldn’t be dealing with chemicals, pesticides, or even unsafe DIY tricks. Hire a pest control company that specializes in treating varied infestation concerns, and they will ensure that the work is done on priority. Most pest control companies adhere to standard practices, and they will only use products and methods that are safe for animals and humans. Unlike exterminators, who typically try to kill pests, pest control companies have a more holistic approach, where they fix the problem while reducing the impact of pest control on the planet.
As for the cost, you can always get an estimate in advance. The cost of pest control depends on the nature and the existing extent of the infestation. Always hire a company that is licensed, locally based in Leander, and they should have a team of in-house experts. Some companies even work with entomologists from time to time as needed.
Find a known pest control service and get an inspection for your home today.