Every one like to protect their computer from any third person. You can do so by applying a login password in Windows XP. Probably your friend is not the exception. So if you want to make a fun with your friend changing his password, you’ve to login to his Windows and then you can change the password of any user of that machine. You might think that how is it possible
Scan Online By Secunia To Prevent Computer From Hacking clinical technology
You might know that recently Google and some other companies have been hacked by the Chinese hackers. Do you know how the hackers did it? They used the security holes in the backdated software. So you must be aware of such hacking attack in you computer.
There are many applications that scans your computer and find out the backdated software/applications. But most of them need to be installed in your computer first. But if you do not want to install any application in your computer then you might like to make a try Secunia.
Secunia Online Software Inspector is a web based application that scans your system thoroughly and lists out the older application/software that need to be updated. This online application loads a Java applet program to your browser to make itself working. But your computer must be pre-installed with Java. Generally most computers are java installed, so there is nothing extra task to do.
This service provides two modes of scanning after pressing the scan button. One is faster and takes 5-40 seconds according to the service provider. Anyhow the duration may be slightly vary depending on your internet connection.
The another is Thorough System Inspection which can be enabled by clicking on the check box labeled as “Thorough System Inspection“. This may take a time up to 10 minutes to scan your computers.
After completing the scanning it will provide the list of the software or applications that need to be updated. When I scanned my computer through this application then I got the following list of applications.
After getting the scan results I immediately strated to update those application to secure my computer from the hackers.
Now decide immediately that if you want to make your computer as a good target of the chinese hackers or not.
Scan your computer via Secunia Online Software Inspector.
Make Bootable Image(ISO) Of Windows XP Service Pack 3 clinical technology
If you are very regular user of Microsoft Windows Xp then you might have some boring experience whenever you installed XP in your machine. Because in most general cases, you are to install the XP from the installation CD (Bootable image/ISO) at first and then the Service pack updates (SP2 and Sp3). The Installation CD of XP updated with Sp2 (Labeled as Windows XP Service Pack 2) is now available from Microsoft. But Microsoft has released the Service Pack 3. And the installation CD does not come with that latest update.
So what you are thinking? At first Windows Xp and then Sp3? No! There is a simple way to avoid the long installation process. You can install both the XP and Service pack updates at the same time.
How can I make the Windows XP updated with service pack 3 ?
The process is simple. If you can update the Windows XP with service pack 3 and then make an image of the updated XP, the installation process would become very easy and less time consuming. Don’t worry. If you are not a computer savvy, you can still make your own Windows XP installation Cd, updated with Service pack 3. let me describe.
1. At first, copy the whole content of the XP installation Cd (Laveled with Microsoft Windows XP ) in any folder in your hard drive. Let us assume that you have copied the content in C:>Windows XP.
2. Now go to Microsoft website and download the latest update Service pack 3.
3. Save the downloaded content of Service Pack 3 in some folder in the same location, where you have kept the copy of the Windows XP. For example, C > SP3.
4. Open command prompt and navigate to C > SP3 >. ( use the “cd” command to change the directory)
5. In the command prompt type :
If the downloaded file name is “WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU” then the command will be like
WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU /integrate:C:Windows XP
The above command will update all the necessary files of XP with Service pack 3. After the successful execution of the command your Copy of Windows XP will be converted to Windows XP service pack 3 (SP3). But still you can’t use the updated file for installation. You have to make an image file (ISO) .
How to make an image file of windows XP service pack 3?
- Download the application Bart’s BCD
- Extract it. As for example it is C> BCD.
- Download another file wnaspi32.dll.
- Copy the above file into the folder Bin under BCD ( C> BCD > Bin).
- Now download another file Windows XP file.
- Extract the file in folder BCD (C > BCD).
- Copy the folder i386 from the folder “Windows XP” in C > BCD > CDS >wxphome> files ( For Windows XP Home Edition) or C > BCD > CDS >wxppro> files (For Windows XP Professional).
- Also copy the win51ic.SPx or win51ip. SPx file.
- You can also copy the files autorun.inf, readme.htm, setup.exe. (optional)
- Now in command prompt type “cd c:\bcd“.
- Type “bcdwxphome” (For Windows XP home edition) or “bcdwxppro” (For Windows XP professional edition).
- Immediately the process of generating the image file will start. Wait for a while. After completion of the process you can find the image file in the folder “My Document > Temp”.
Now after collecting the image file you can Burn it by any image burner software. That’s all you have done to make the installation CD (ISO) of Windows XP service Pack 3. Feel free to share any problem with us.