Sleep has become a national obsession in the previous year, and the trend shows no signs of stopping down in 2019. Experts emphasize the significance of obtaining a decent night’s sleep regularly. Given that one-third of Americans don’t get enough regular sleep, according to a 2016 report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the trend isn’t surprising. Many people, however, use some type of sleep aid, whether it’s excellent sleep hygiene, exercise, melatonin, or cannabidiol — often known as CBD — to get a decent night’s sleep.
How can you get a good night’s sleep at night?
Set up your daily schedule to ensure that you are ready for restful sleep at night:
- Allow your eyes to be exposed to morning light by getting out of bed simultaneously every day (alarms are beneficial). The morning light will reset the melatonin in your body.
- Caffeine should only be consumed in the morning (the half-life is long, it will be in your system at night).
- Get outside and stroll every day — exercise practically sleeps medicine.
- Early in the day, schedule time to manage cancer (appointments, research, bills), and no cancer talk after dinner (so you are not thinking about it when you try to sleep).
- Place a piece of paper and a pen beside your bed, and jot down any worries or questions that arise; it’s better to write them down than to keep them in your head.
- Turn off all screens at least one hour before bedtime and sleep in a cave (a cold, dark, silent environment) (the light will disrupt your day-night cycle).
Talk to your doctor about your sleep problems and whether you need to see a specialist. If your sleep is disrupted by clinical depression or anxiety, the best sleep medicine treats your mood and anxiety.
Can one combine CBD and melatonin for good sleep?
Melatonin is an effective sleep aid. CBD, on the other hand, has a few tricks up its sleeve as well. For example, CBD has the power to impact your brain’s endocannabinoid system and mimic the effects of multiple neurotransmitters.
On the other hand, melatonin is a de novo hormone that is intimately tied to our sleep cycle. Both elements are effective sleeping aids. Hence, effective CBD melatonin gummies for sleep are a superior aid to sleep.
CBD a hormone as well?
CBD is a substance taken from a plant. As a result, it isn’t an intrinsic hormone. It does, however, influence hormone production and release in the body. CBD has a wide range of effects, the majority of which have yet to be identified. We do know, however, that CBD has the power to restore hormonal equilibrium in the body.
Is there a connection between CBD and sleep?
CBD is a medicinal plant. It helps to maintain homeostasis in our bodies in a variety of ways. As a result, our bodies function flawlessly thanks to homeostasis, which also includes sleep aspects.
CBD also has a calming impact on the brain. When the brain is somewhat relaxed, it is pretty easy to induce sleep. CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties. One of the most common reasons for insomnia is pain.
Final Thoughts on CBD Oil and Melatonin as a Sleep Aid
Insomnia is characterized by a lack of sleep, trouble falling asleep, and difficulties staying asleep. Insomnia can be a sign of something more serious. In certain circumstances, sleeplessness is an illness in and of itself. For a long time, the medical sector relied on sleeping drugs to solve insomnia problems.
Fortunately, we now live in a time where we don’t need to rely on sleeping drugs as much. Rather, we have alternatives to synthetic pharmaceuticals that do not have as many negative effects. CBD and melatonin are two of the many sleep aids available.