Finding and relocating into a newly rented apartment is indeed a challenging task. Don’t think that you are done after finding a suitable apartment. There is a lot of work to be done to settle nicely into the new rented property. Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry; we are here to help. We have compiled five essential steps that you can undertake after moving into your 2 bhk flat on rent in Hyderabad.
- Complete the provided move-in checklist: Once you are handed over the keys to your new rented property, you may be tempted to unpack and organize your stuff. But before you start with the same, you must take some time and complete the move-in inspection checklist provided by your landlord. You may be thinking about why it is so important to complete this specific checklist? Here is the reason- this move-in checklist act as proof of the condition of the rented property when you shifted into it. It is your responsibility to inspect the areas mentioned in the checklist thoroughly, and in case there are any damages, then account for the same so that you can’t be charged an extra penny for the damages that were already there.
- Set up the utilities: The situation of the utilities of your rented property depends on what kind of lease you have signed for and the policies of Hyderabad. In case you have asked for the rental involving no prior setting up of the utilities, then you will be walking into the rented apartment with no working utilities. It is when you will have to contact the local utility service provider, ask for the opening of your account, and officially start the required utilities at your property. If you are not aware of whom to contact for setting up utility services, ask for the contact information from your manager, landlord, or rental service provider.
However, it has been seen that most of the rentals provide the utilities in the working conditions. After you move to your rented property, inspect whether each utility is working properly or not. Turn on and off every light and see if the stove provided is working. Remember that working utilities do not imply that they are officially set up in the apartment. Be careful and cross-check with the local utility service provider if your landlord has an official account with their company to prevent any illegal issue.
- Start unpacking your stuff: Once you have completed the move-in checklist and inspected the situation of utilities, it is time to unpack your stuff. You may be excited to settle into your new accommodation and thus, eager to unpack the belongings, but the thing you may don’t know is that unpacking can be a daunting and exhausting task. In case you have carried a large number of large and bulky belongings along with you in Hyderabad, then you should consider taking the help of the professionals. If you can’t afford to hire professionals, then don’t go at once. Take your time to unpack the stuff. You can unpack the essential stuff at first and then go for the non-essential ones. Remember that already labelled and organized belongings are much easier and faster to unpack.
- Update your address: Even if you have updated your new address on different social media platforms, you must communicate your new address with the local postal service, personal banking, insurance company, online shopping sites, workplace or school, and many other important places. You can either get your address updated with all the necessary places in person or see if it can be done online. Also, don’t forget to update your close ones with your new address so that they can have a visit to you.
- Update the rental insurance: Whenever updating your new address with the insurance company, do not forget to open or get your new rental insurance policy adjusted. If you are not equipped with rental insurance, it is essential to get a basic rental insurance policy. The reason it is so important to have a rental insurance policy is that it protects you and your stuff from burglary, natural disaster, fire, or any other unexpected situations when living in a rented property. If you are already equipped with the rental insurance policy, you should consider getting it updated with the address of the location you are currently living. Remember that the price of the policy varies according to the geographic location and the basic amenities (security camera, fire alarm) your rented property is equipped with.
After you have undertaken the above-mentioned steps, spend some time and effort making your single bedroom house for rent in Hyderabad your new home.